Friday 8 February 2013

PaperArtsy challenge, Michelle is back!

Michelle Webb is back as guest designer, and is really wowing us all! Her work is so amazing, with so much technique and many interesting layers.


 I decided to try my hand at a door hanging thingy. It had already been decorated (many years ago), and so I just painted  a layer of Snowflake Fresco Finish paint over the top to get back to a blank canvas.
I added the flowers from the  Mini Daisy Cluster stencil, using Gesso. This makes a much subtler raised surface than Ferro.
Then I painted the background using blues and purples (Ice Blue, Sky, Baltic Blue, Moonlight, Lilac, Pansy, Eggplant)
Next I highlighted the flowers with Inka Gold (violet and platinum)
I took the PaperArtsy Die - Grunge Flower #1, and made 3 flowers from it. The bottom one on white card, which I painted with Eggplant and streaks of Ice Blue, then covered it with Metallic Glaze and curled the petals under.
The middle layer is made from Crunchy Paper, painted with Pansy, scrunched it, then stamped script over it. The final one was on Crackly paper, which I painted with Moonlight and a little metallic glaze, and scrunched it up in the middle to make it smaller. In the middle is an old button from my stash.
Back on the wood, I did some background stamping (with snowflake paint), and stenciled some diamonds with Mini Harlequin in the purples.
Finally I stamped the words from Hot Pick 1009 on Crackly paper, and added them using Satin Glaze.
I seem to have a problem with the Satin Glaze though - I stamp using Versafine, but never seems to dry! This one was left for 24 hours, and was still wet when I added it (hence a few thumb prints in the background...)
Anyway, I attached the flower with a glue gun, and was finished.
I really enjoyed making that!



7 comments:

  1. Trish, this is gorgeous! I am so enjoying Michelle's work - and you obviously have too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty colours Trish and the textured detail looks great. Good to see you playing along this week again over at PaperArtsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish i thought I had already commented on your Tag I was having a close look at it the other day and I love. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Trish, loving the colours and the stencilling is gorgeous. Wonderful stamp too. Good luck for Sunday. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card very pretty
    Gladys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Trish, I love your gesso'd flowers x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trish, what a lovely detailed description of your work. You really put a lot of time and effort into this piece! I like all the texture and details, also your great combination of colours. The flowers look like fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, it means a lot to me.

Sundried